The SCMP Learning Festival 2020 has been rescheduled due to the current Covid-19 situations in Hong Kong. For your health and safety, the event has been rescheduled to March 27, 2021.
Please click here for details.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Submit a written entry on "What have you learned from SCMP's Learning Festival?" via WhatsApp to +852 6317 2267 in the format as specified below to qualify as an entry.
WhatsApp Entry Format:
Name as in: Full Name // Email address// Caption
[Example: JohnnyLim//Johnny.Lim@gmail.com// Learning Festival Contest]
*The entry must be written in 50 words or less and in English only.
*The Contest starts at 09:00 on 27 March 2021 and ends on 16:00 at 27 March 2021*
2. SCMP will shortlist the entry to our facebook page by 5 April 2021
3. The entry with the most “Likes” on our facebook page will win the contest
4. We will announce the winner on our facebook page by 23 April 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS SCMP Learning Festival Photo Contest (“Contest”)
1. Subject to paragraph A (3) below, this Contest is open to all Hong Kong residents (“Participants”).
2. If you are below 18 years of age, you may participate in this Contest only if written consent of your parent or legal guardian is obtained. By participating in this Contest such consent shall be deemed to have been obtained. The award of any prizes to you in this Contest shall be subject to the availability of the written consent to the Promoter who reserves the right not to award any prizes of this Contest to you in the event such written consent is not produced.
3. Persons ineligible and excluded from this Contest: Staff from South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd.
B. CONTEST PERIOD
1. The Contest starts at 09:00 on 27 March 2021 and ends on 16:00 at 27 March 2021 (”Contest Period”).
C. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. For every entry, each participant is entitled to a chance to win the Prizes specified in paragraph D (1) of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry data usage to participate in this Contest may be subject to charges by your service provider/carrier.
3. Submit an entry via WhatsApp to +852 6317 2267 in the format as specified below to qualify as an entry (each an “Entry” or “Entries”) to the Contest.
WhatsApp Entry Format:
Name as in Full Name // Email address// Caption
[Example: JohnnyLim//Johnny.Lim@gmail.com// Learning Festival Contest]
4. South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd will shortlist and upload entries to https://www.facebook.com/scmpevents by 5 April 2021. The entry which fulfills the contest requirement and with the highest number of “Likes” will be selected as the winner. The winner will be notified via email with details of how to claim their Prize. The winner will be announced on https://learningfestival.scmp.com/ and on https://www.facebook.com/scmpevents by 23 April 2021. Winners MUST show his/her entry submission for verification purposes prior to collection.
5. Personal information (including images) collected or received from the Participants may be used by the Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. for the purposes of administering the Contest, including conducting a background check on the Participant’s identity and verifying their eligibility to participate and receive a prize. By participating in the Contest, the Participant explicitly allows the Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. to contact the Participant via the Participant’s particulars provided for such purpose. The Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. values all personal information received and shall not disclose or furnish the Participant’s personal information to any unrelated third parties.
6. Each Entry shall be subjected to verification by the Promoter. In the event that details are invalid as determined by the Promoter’s sole discretion, the Entry will be disqualified.
7. Multiple entries are permitted.
1. The Prize (1 winner) HKD 25,000 worth of gift certificates from Rosewood Hong Kong entitled a complimentary 2-night stay in two connected rooms at Rosewood Hong Kong. The offer includes daily breakfast at Holt’s Cafe for 4 persons, two classes on the activity schedule for children, one class on the activity schedule for adults and the Camp Rosewood welcome pack. Each participant is only entitled to one prize.
2. The total number and type of Prizes that will be awarded in this Contest will not exceed those as stated in paragraph D (1). In participating in this Contest, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that in no event will more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
3. Prize is available on an as-is basis and is not transferable, exchangeable or convertible to monetary value. The Promoter reserves the right not to award any Prizes or any alternative prizes of equal or greater value, for any reason whatsoever to any person who fails to meet any stipulated requirement in order to claim the Prize.
4. The winner may be required to sign or acknowledge a Participation/Release Agreement in the form required by the Promoter in order to claim the Prizes.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any winner subsequently found to be disqualified, for any reason whatsoever, with an alternative winner.
6. The winner must redeem their prizes personally by self-collection from a designated location, to be advised by the Promoter.
7. Unless otherwise specified, all Prizes MUST be claimed by One month from date of winners' announcement. Prizes not claimed within the stipulated date will be forfeited.
8. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the respective sponsors and third-party vendors, if any. The Promoter is not liable for these conditions and the use of Prizes.
9. The Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. shall not be liable for warranties, maintenance, taxes or any additional costs of the Prizes. Prize will be awarded only in Hong Kong.
1. Winners MUST show his/her entry submission for verification purposes prior to collection.
2. All Entries submitted shall be classified as the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
3. The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest is final, conclusive and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
F. OTHER CONDITIONS
1. All promotional materials, including details on Participation and Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions with any advertising, promotional or publicity materials in relation to or in connection with the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
2. The Promoter, is not and shall not be held responsible for any delay, error or any other problems in the operation of the Contest caused by or arising from breakdown, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems and/or traffic congestion on the Internet and/or at any website or the telecommunication service or a combination thereof, including injury or damage to any participants or to any other person's computer or mobile phone related to and/or resulting from participating or downloading materials in or in connection with the Contest.
3. In no event will the Promoter, South China Morning Post Ltd. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their respective advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, members, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents (collectively, “Affiliates”), be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any Participant’s acceptance of the Prizes (if selected as winner), or their entry into the Contest. By entering into the Contest, participants hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Promoter, South China Morning Post Ltd. and their Affiliates from and against any and all rights, demands, claims, causes of action, losses, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, whether in whole or in part, and whether directly or indirectly.
4. The Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or anything in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. is not liable for any defect in the Prizes. For the avoidance of doubt, no provision in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as limiting the liability of any party for death or personal injury caused by such party’s negligence or any liability which cannot be excluded under the laws of Hong Kong.
5. Nothwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, add, replace, vary and/or modify these Terms and Conditions without giving prior notice. Entry into this Contest confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
6. This Contest and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdictions of the court in Hong Kong.
7. The Promoter is South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd., 19/F Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson St, Causeway Bay
8. For more details, please refer to the print ad, visit SCMP Learning Festival website https://learningfestival.scmp.com/ or call +852 2680 8160 (Monday - Friday, between 10:00am and 5:00pm, excluding public holidays). All calls to this number from your mobile phone may be subject to airtime charges by your service provider.