The email of the winner of the ScanHunt Contest is "firstname.lastname@example.org". The winner will be notified by email and/or phone with the prize collection details.
At the SCMP Virtual Learning Festival, we have created a virtual event that allows you to collect first-hand information and speak with real-life exhibitors on interest classes and learning needs of your child.
To add an element of fun to the event, we are happy to host the ScanHunt Contest, of which the top winner will win an exclusive staycation at Rosewood Hotel Hong Kong!
HOW TO PLAY?
- To begin, LIKE and FOLLOW the SCMP PARENTS Facebook group.
- Download the ScanHunt app for iOS or Android.
- Next, find the game using the code E76EA2.
- SCMP’s Virtual Learning Festival event is open on March 27 from 9AM to 4PM (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8). Once the event starts, you can start scanning QR codes and collecting points until the event closes.
- Throughout the day, you will be viewing virtual booths, talking to exhibitors, and attending info sessions and panel talks. In each of these activities, you will find a QR code to scan to collect points.
- The points you can collect varies from activity to activity. For example, browsing content at a virtual booth can earn five points whereas talking to a real-time exhibitor in a meaningful way can earn 20 points. Some QR codes can be tough to find. (Be sure to look at all virtual booths or ask questions at the end of a live chat.)
- The attendee with the highest number of points will win the ScanHunt contest and enjoy a 3-day, 2-night staycation package at Rosewood Hong Kong! In the event of multiple top scorers with equal points, the attendee with the shortest completion time wins.
PLUS! Check how you are stacking up against other attendees with a real-time leaderboard!
ROSEWOOD STAYCATION PRIZE
- The prize (1 winner) HKD25,000 worth of gift certificates from Rosewood Hong Kong entitles a complimentary 2-night stay in two connected rooms at Rosewood Hong Kong. The offer includes daily breakfast at Hott's Cafe for 4 persons, two classes on the activity schedule for children, one class on the activity schedule for adults and the Camp Rosewood welcome pack. Each participant is only entitled to one prize. The staycation offer expires after June 30, 2021.
- Once you participated in the Contest it shall be deemed that you agree and adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
- ScanHunt contest is open to Hong Kong residents only.
- Your real name and email address registered with SCMP's Learning Festival must be used in creating an account on the ScanHunt App.
- Point-collection is valid only during the duration of SCMP's Learning Festival virtual events: Saturday, March 27, from 9AM to 4PM (Hong Kong Time, GMT+8)
- QR Codes are given at the discretion of the Organiser (SCMP) and exhibitors.
- In the event of disputes, the winner's entitlement is subject to the sole discretion and the final decisoin of SCMP. SCMP's decision is final and no corespondence will be entertained.
- SCMP may discontinue or terminate the ScanHunt contest at any time at its sole discretion.
- The total number and types of Prizes that will be awarded in this Contest will not exceed those as stated in point 1. In participating in this Contest, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that in no event will more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
- Prize is available on an as-is basis and is not transferrable, exchangeable or convertible to monetary value. The Promoter reserves the right not to award any Prizes or any alternative prizes of equal or greater value, for any reason whatsoever to any person who fails to meet any stipulated requirement in order to claim the Prize.
- The winner may be required to sign or acknowledge a Participation/Release Agreement in the form required by the Organiser in order to claim the Prizes.
- The Organiser erserves the right to substitute any winner subsequently found to be disqualified, for any reason whatsoever, with an alternative winner.
- The winner must redeem their prizes personally by self-collection from a designated location, to be advised by the Organiser.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Prizes MUST be claimed within One Month from the date of the winner's announcement. Prizes not claimed within the stipulated date will be forfeited.
- Prizes are subject to the terms and conditoins of Rosewood Hong Kong, if any. The Organiser is not liable for these conditions and the use of Prizes.
- The Organiser, South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd. shall not be liable for warranties, maintenance, taxes or any additional costs of the Prizes. Prize will be awarded only in Hong Kong.
Questions? Email to email@example.com or visit us at the SCMP Information Booth at the virtual event itself.
- The winner MUST show his/her entry submission for verification purposes prior to collection.
- The Organiser's decision on all matters relating to the Contest is final, conclusive and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
- All promotional materials, including details on Participation and Prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions with any advertising, promotional or publicity materials in relation to or in connection with the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The Promoter, is not and shall not be held responsible for any delay, error or any other problems in the operation of the Contest caused by or arising from breakdown, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems and/or traffic congestion on the Internet and/or at any website or the telecommunication service or a combination thereof, including injury or damage to any participants or to any other person's computer or mobile phone related to and/or resulting from participating or downloading materials in or in connection with the Contest.
- In no event will the Organiser, South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd., the Exhibitors, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their respective advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, members, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents (collectively, “Affiliates”), be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any Participant’s acceptance of the Prizes (if selected as winner), or their entry into the Contest. By entering into the Contest, participants hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Organiser, South China Morning Post Ltd. and their Affiliates from and against any and all rights, demands, claims, causes of action, losses, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, whether in whole or in part, and whether directly or indirectly.
- The Organiser, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. make no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or anything in these Terms and Conditions, the Organiser, South China Morning Post Publisher Ltd. is not liable for any defect in the Prizes. For the avoidance of doubt, no provision in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as limiting the liability of any party for death or personal injury caused by such party’s negligence or any liability which cannot be excluded under the laws of Hong Kong.
- Nothwithstanding any of the foregoing, the Organiser reserves the right to amend, add, replace, vary and/or modify these Terms and Conditions without giving prior notice. Entry into this Contest confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any amendments, additions, replacements, variations and modifications hereto, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- This Contest and the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdictions of the court in Hong Kong.